A charismatic people manager, passionate by finance, HR, and general administration, and with excellent interpersonal skills able to interact at the highest level within an international and innovating environment
The successful candidate will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels, report directly to the Secretary General (SG). As member of the ENTSO-E Management Team, s/he will lead and manage a section ensuring the organisation and people management, financial and administrative deliverables, and adequate support to the Secretary General and the Office Holders of the Association. S/He will lead the Secretariat overall strategy related to his domain matters, aiming to position the Association as a key facilitator of the Energy Transition.
As a Head of Section, your main tasks and responsibilities are the following:
- Lead, coordinate and guide the Annual Budget and Annual Resource Plans in the context of 5-Year Forecast to ensure the Secretariat delivers its work programme together with the Members, optimally by the section.
- Lead the operational excellence initiatives to improve the section in all aspects of Finance, HR and General Administration.
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing all Finance, HR and General Administration policies and programs.
- Provide optimal support to the Secretary General and key role holders including the President, Vice- President, Chair of the Board and Vice Chair of the Board.
- Provides the appropriate and competent financial and administrative view to support the activities of the Secretariat and the wider Association.
- Provide direction and coaching to the Managers and team members in the monitoring, controls of Finance and Administrative Tasks.
- Contribute to the definition of the overall ENTSO-E (Association and Secretariat) and define section's short term and long-term goals and push it through. Contribute to the strategy aiming at positioning the Association as thought Leader in EU Energy policy development.
- Support the Resource committee and its chairperson for all meeting-related activities, decisions in written procedure and external representation.
- Define the overall organisation management and ensure smooth operations and deliverables and representation towards the ENTSO-E Financial and Resource requirements to deliver on Association objectives.
- Continue improving the Secretariat's engagement with Members under the Assembly, Board and Committees in terms of direct liaison on the Annual Budget, Annual Resource Plan in consultation and implementation monitoring processes as applied to the section's work products.
- Initiate, direct and follow up on interactions with Members and stakeholders related to Finance and Administration.
- Ensure efficient allocation of resources, advising the Secretary General and Heads of Sections as needed, on ongoing projects and day to day tasks for quality and timely delivery. Attract, develop and retain people accordingly, and make sure that the team fully supports the activities.
- Ensure consistency, quality and completeness of the deliverables for members support, external representation and stakeholder relations.
- Deliver high quality deliverables and recommendations for Assembly, Board and Resource committee.
- Ensure timely implementation of decision and escalate decisions to Secretary General and Board as per ENTSO-E governance.
- University degree with expert knowledge of Finance, Change Management, Human Resources with at least 10 years’ management experience in the electricity sector, preferably in TSOs or related organisations.
- Experienced in managing commercial projects, teams or departments in a relevant TSO or electric utility organisation.
- Strong organization and planning skills, with proven expertise in complex projects, managing resources, assessing priorities and task management under complex structures
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the highest integrity and ability to develop trust with Members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to negotiate and influence, and building consensus.
- Change management expertise with a proactive and flexible, service-oriented attitude.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment.
- Excellent writing and spoken skills in English.
- Understanding of ENTSO-E culture and our ‘we are ENTSO-E’ values: Excellence, Trust, Integrity, Team and Future Thinking.
We are a dynamic European association based in Brussels and are delighted to offer you the opportunity to work for ENTSO-E on truly exciting projects focused on the decarbonisation of the electricity sector. With us, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future.
You will work in a truly multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 20 different nationalities.
Our people are the heart of our association. We value work life balance. We offer a broad range of training and development, to make sure our employees continue to develop.
We offer market competitive compensation and benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and dependent family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you. We also offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working and engaging physically with colleagues
If you want to play a role in creating a sustainable world, then ENTSO-E is the place for you!
Please submit your complete application consisting of a curriculum vitae and a motivational letter before Friday, 16 April 2021, via this link.
Please do not apply with the 'Apply now' button.
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.