In this role, you will serve as an integral member of the External Affairs team, where you will help develop, manage and execute the public policy agenda, with an emphasis on regulatory affairs. In addition, you will advise management and other cross-functional teams concerning the policy implications of current events in Belgium and Luxemburg.
This role will report to the Director, External Affairs BeLux, and work as part of a team to engage with stakeholders, and coordinate with internal business functions to design and implement strategies in support of the company’s objectives.
- Develop strategic engagement plans for BE/LUX, in line with the strategic vision and objectives of the Company.
- Identify and monitor legislative and regulatory risks and opportunities and assess the relevance of these developments for the Company.
- Collaborate with the team to develop written content, such as position papers and legislative summaries.
- Build and maintain a solid network with dialogue partners, stakeholders and relevant policy makers and public authorities at national level in BE/LUX.
- Act as a spokesperson: Communicate and defend on issues of relevance and execute the agreed action plan.
- Provide superior support for Senior Leaders across the company to create associations with interest groups and other key industry partners.
- Support and lead cross functional projects on external affairs related business issues.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Political Science, Law, Economy or European studies, Public Administration or related subject area.
- Min 7 years of professional experience in public affairs, working with government, think tanks, public interest groups and/or external/regulatory/government affairs departments in private sector, preferably in regulated industries.
- A strong business sense and the ability to act as the bridge between the political and business environments.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to create factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
- Ability to build constructive relations and engage with external and internal partners at all levels.
- Fluent in English & at least one of the national languages (French or Dutch).
As External Affairs Manager you will step into a mid-level leadership role, one that is crucial to ensure the company achieves its innovative ambition. In this role you will never stop discovering and learning.
The company sees equal pay for equal work between men and women as the baseline standard for equality. Moreover, they invest in creating a diverse workforce and a culture based on personal and career development, both on local as well as international level.
Contact Elien De Durpel at +32 9 242 54 13 or firstname.lastname@example.org