Within their most important division, in order to go to the next level of development, the investor has decided to strengthen its management layer and has therefor mandated us to search for a new (m/f) Chief Executive Officer (a.i.).
Dynamic, entrepreneurial and hands-on business oriented professional with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and who has an ambition to further grow within the food ingredients / complements industry
- Your main mission will be to guide the company from its current status as international SME to the next level i.e. being a global reference player in its sector!
- More concretely your main responsibilities as CEO will be:
- To determine with the shareholder and the board the future strategy and define the commercial, financial and technical KPI’s. Once aligned, you will execute in an efficient and pragmatic manner – together with your management team – this strategy!
- To define and establish the annual business plan and execute it in the most efficient manner by driving the growth of the business (external) and optimize the efficiency of the operations (internal).
- To take ownership of the managerial structure of the company:
- Optimize internal processes and procedures and continue to drive efficiency;
- Structure the team for performance and growth;
- Further development of R&D: search for new products / applications, new formulations, …;
- Manage the purchasing flow of raw materials coming from exotic (and less stable) locations;
- To drive external growth through partnerships and/or external acquisitions.
- Be a strategic sparring partner of top management and the board.
- You will be heading the executive committee and report to the Executive Chairman.
- You have a higher (scientific) university degree e.g. bio engineer, commercial engineer, … and you have at least 7 to 10 years of relevant managerial experience ideally in an important international life sciences related organization where you have shown how to grow a business unit / an organization.
- You have a convincing track record in business development and/or M&A ideally within a life sciences related environment.
- You have an active and well developed network within the food (or feed), (para)pharmaceutical or cosmetics industry.
- You have a structured approach to tackling problems and execute in a pragmatic manner solutions;
- You are a dynamic and ambitious individual, exposing entrepreneurial spirit and you feel at ease in a SME environment. “Can do” and being hands-on are key in order to be successful!
- You are an excellent people manager with the ability to inspire, convince and lead people.
- You are perfect bilingual French and English. Having a good command of Dutch and German would be an (important) asset.
What do we have on offer?
- Our client can offer a dynamic environment with large autonomy, commitment, firepower and experience from the shareholders to create and grow, to build to last
- An attractive fixed compensation package (ideally working through your own management company) combined with both a short and long term incentive scheme are important components of the overall package. You will start normally as an interim manager with the opportunity to stay on board for the long term!
- A unique opportunity to join a growing venture that could transform into a market leader