As Business Development Director you contribute to the incorporation of biopesticides into Biobest Group’s global brand. You will build a strong biopesticide department, which comprises the responsibilities of development, product management and regulatory affairs. You can count on a team of energetic and market savvy professionals. You will report to the Chief Technology Officer and are member of the Group Executive Committee.
- You drive the development of the global Biobest biopesticide business including the continuous refinement of the global strategy. Together with the C-board you agree on the appropriate way forward for their go to market strategy for biopesticides.
- You oversee the development of business cases for new biopesticides for review by the leadership team.
- You develop portfolio and product strategies for effective biopesticides through acquisition or development of their own products. You lead the development of product plans defining product launches, product positioning, marketing and go-to-market direction, pricing strategy and commercial guidance to the global Biobest sales network and technical support functions.
- You identify new potential opportunities/competitors and provide insights and guidance to the country leads and subsidiaries.
- You will lead the product management biopesticides and regulatory teams.
- You will oversee the establishment/maintenance of existing and potential biopesticide supplier relationships.
- With the support and feedback from subsidiaries or Biobest country leads, you identify and critically evaluate new biopesticide products which fit in the portfolio strategy of Biobest Group and negotiate global and regional distribution rights while supporting subsidiaries, where appropriate, in the negotiation of country-specific distribution rights.
- You develop marketing instruments at group level to support and streamline marketing actions conducted by different Biobest subsidiaries across the globe.
- You will drive their own biopesticides from registration to commercial success and integrate them into the overall strategy.
- You support 3rd party products registration and help obtaining approval for the use in several countries.
- As advisor you share your insights and knowledge to continuously improve their internal processes to remain compliant with all legal requirements. Internally you will be working closely together with Operations, R&D, Legal, Finance, Supply Chain and Sales to ensure that key contract terms are executed appropriately. You will align the portfolio and product strategies with all key stakeholders.
- You have a background in Life Sciences, Bio-engineering or other relevant discipline and you are passionate about sustainable agriculture.
- International business experience in the crop protection industry is required.
- You demonstrate sound strategic thinking and the ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key project and partnership issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, engage, focus, negotiate, and resolve.
- Strong influencing and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, proactively and with agility in a complex, matrixed environment, building internal and external alignment, influencing key stakeholders.
- Excellent portfolio and project management skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Be prepared to travel on a regular basis.
- Biobest Group offers you the opportunity to make a significant impact to the business and to a more sustainable horticulture in a key decision-making position.
- The group guarantees a worldwide service coverage thanks to geographical wellspread subsidiaries, production locations, sales representatives, and technical experts.
- Their joint efforts achieve double-digit annual growth, and theuy retain a continuous focus on sustainability as well as social responsibility initiatives.
- A close-knit team of colleagues, each with their own domain of expertise, ensures a great atmosphere and a winning mentality.
- You will receive an employee contract with a competitive salary package, supplemented with extra-legal benefits such as a company car and fuel card, hospital and group insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers and a bonus system.