We are looking for an experienced Plant Manager for the Biomass-to-Energy Power Plant in Ghent which has entered the initial phase of operation in June 2022. Around 150.000 tonnes per annum of demolition waste wood that is not fit for recycling will be burned in the plant.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for :
- Taking the next steps in the mobilization phase and in parallel managing the daily operations and maintenance of the power plant in the safest and most cost effective way.
- Maximizing the profit while taking into account the lifetime of the plant and the operation period.
- Hiring the right people, coaching and motivating them to optimize production and production planning in order to meet the load demands and the contractual obligations on availability.
- Managing maintenance, administration, personnel matters and local relations. Being the point of contact for the local authorities and all different stakeholders.
- Coordinating fuel reception as well as planning, budgeting, reporting and implementing safety and environmental guidelines. Knowledge of ISO9001/14001/45001, safety legislation and environmental permits is mandatory.
The Plant Manager will be directly reporting to the Danish based management of the operating company BWSC A/S as well as to the Project Director at the BWSC’s headquarters in Denmark.
- Technical education as mechanical, electrical or marine engineer.
- At least 10 years of experience in the power industry in a managerial role, preferably in a biomass fired power plant.
- Work seamlessly with MS Office and/or similar software.
- Have experience in finance and accounting, as well as in management reporting.
- Fluently in Dutch and English as BWSC’s business language.
- Strong organizational, communication and people management skills
- Flexible to adapt in an ever-changing setting, always looking to ensure long-term success.
We offer a very challenging and exciting position with a lot of responsibility and autonomy in a new state-of-the art power plant in the Ghent region, with professional challenges for at least 15 years.