To help drive the development of the neurovascular/BBB-focused product pipeline, NeuVasQ is looking for a Head of Project Management. The candidate will join the leadership team and will report directly to the CEO and work closely with other executives and senior leaders.
The position is based in the Brussels South Charleroi Biopark, Belgium.
The Head of Project Management helps translate our corporate strategy and early drug development objectives into defined project plans. Working with multidisciplinary teams, he/she coordinates and aligns activities of the company and its collaborators to achieve flawless and successful project execution. Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the growth and advancement of NeuVasQ’s product pipeline
- Together with senior management, define product development goals from early discovery stages through candidate selections and IND filings, outlining target milestones, deliverables, and clear go/no-go criteria for project transitions.
- Develop detailed project workplans, timelines and budgets to achieve product development goals. Seek and achieve stakeholders’ endorsement of the plans.
- Identify project needs and corresponding cross-functional capabilities and resources within the organization and/or external collaborators and CROs. Together with the CSO and scientific leadership team, prioritize activities, allocate required resources, and address potential gaps.
- With emphasis on the critical path, define and actively track leading indicators of progress towards reaching project milestones and transitions. Monitor and document key project outcomes and decisions, as well as project deviations, gaps, or risks.
- Monitor and evaluate project performance vs. plans, budgets, and timelines.
- Proactively identify and communicate actions to address or mitigate project deviations or risks. Engage with all stakeholders to efficiently resolve issues impacting the strategy and project plans
- Coordinate, manage project meetings and other project-related internal or external interactions
- Ensure timely communication and effective information flows between stakeholders
- Regularly prepare, and present to senior management, detailed project reports, with emphasis on progress assessments as well as near and mid-term impacts.
- Drive and/or contribute to process improvement initiatives across the organization.
- PhD, strong scientific background, with significant experience in a research setting
- 5+ years of relevant industrial experience in research or development (biotech or pharma)
- Demonstrated track record of R&D project management in the life sciences, including experience designing and implementing workplans involving various functions
- Strong planning and budgeting skills
- Broad understanding of pharmaceutical development, especially bench to bedside challenges and requirements. Ability to design and help advance R&D programs that bridge between scientific platforms and unmet medical, patient needs
- Solid influence and leadership capabilities in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Sense of urgency and ability to anticipate and mitigate or resolve key issues.
- The challenge and excitement of an expanding start-up
- Close collaboration with the founders and a great international team of experts in science
- The possibility to boost your experience and career
- You will join a highly motivated, international and dynamic team