To fulfil its ambitious goals, ExeVir Bio is looking for a smart and ambitious Controller & Financial Operations Lead to organize and manage its financial controlling, book keeping, finance and budget planning & tracking.
The Controller & Financial Operations Lead is a finance specialist with project management skills.
- Lead and manage budget planning and tracking, cost controlling, resource allocation and forecasting;
- Build annual budget, the short- and mid-term planning, top line evolution and investment opportunities ensuring compliance to company strategy and financial guidance;
- Build of 3YP, the long-term planning, top line evolution and investment opportunities ensuring compliance to corporate strategy and financial guidance;
- Monitor budget: coordinate monthly exercise to early identification of deviation vs targets and delivering timely signals;
- Prepare monthly quarterly and yearly reporting Financial cashflow, dashboard, performance and book keeping;
- Design automated solutions for recurrent reporting;
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company;
- Control the integrity of financial data: spot, understand and explain anomalies and/or deviations;
- Ensure information flow, sharing insights, facilitating financial guidance;
- Proactively escalate any budget and timeline concerns, risks and issues that may impact the project and engages appropriate representatives to manage outcomes;
- Assist the management in providing support in areas: Financial planning, Financial position and sustainability of ExeVir;
- Integrate financial & non-financial data together in order to support business decision;
- Coordinate ad hoc analysis, business cases and provide assessment to facilitate decision making;
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions;
- Manage grant budget tracking;
- Contract and manage external consultants and vendors involved in finance, auditing and book keeping;
- Manage the payroll, payroll provider and related consultants;
- Negotiate and support negotiations with vendors where appropriate;
- Participate or manage other activities assigned as needed;
- You hold a University Degree in Finance or Business Administration, or an Engineering degree with an additional Master in Finance;
- You have 5 - 10 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment is considered a plus;
- You have excellent analytical skills and have the ability to summarize big amounts of information into concise and structured presentations;
- Knowledge and experience of the IFRS norms;
- You are able to challenge the business in a diplomatic but decisive way;
- Structured and highly organized with a pro-active, hands-on attitude;
- Proven experience in developing and implementing novel technological solutions and processes;
- Ability to influence others with or without authority at all levels of the organization and work cross-functionally;
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills in English.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
ExeVir Bio holds office in Liège, however working from home a few days per week is possible.
Contact Laura Blondeel at +32 4 74 13 02 63.